Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summertime Recap

Wow how could one summer go so fast? I really don't know. I guess when you just plug along week after week working and looking forward to a few trips or events it seems to just float on by. This summer has been an interesting one that's for sure. I stayed in Provo to continue working at the MTC. I have seen many good friends and acquaintances come into the MTC and I'm about to see my best friend enter. That will be worth of a whole nother post I suppose.

May brought my 19th birthday. Weird, if I were a guy I would be on a mission now. My mom told me on my birthday she was glad I was a girl and wasn't leaving. So May didn't bring much more excitement that I can remember, mostly just work.

June brought warmer temperatures. Our apartment became very hot. My ward was fun, especially our FHE group. We did fun activities like tie dye, the couch game, soccer in the rain, bbq, 3 legged kickball and so much more.
We can't forget Temple weekend. We went down to the manti pageant
and to the Oquirrah Mountin open house

July was fun, Jeff, Melanie and Henry were in town for most of the month. We had a family day on the 3rd. On the fourth, Gracie Cierra and I tried to enjoy the stadium of fire fireworks, Don't sit by the marriot center, Too many trees. I ran the annual Farmington Festivals 5k race in 33 minutes.
Then Nate Hill's Wedding lunchon and then on the plane to Phonix Arizona. What a fun trip that was. I met Alex's lovely family. Spent some time with my best friend. Became even closer cause he saw me just after I had woke up and even still liked me after that:). We even went to the Mesa Temple. It was so cool.I didn't enjoy the incredibly hot temperatures ( We even cooked an egg on the sidewalk) and the icky water but I did love the company. The flight home brought tears and a missionary experience. After returning to my home to pick up my car I found I was sick so I stayed the night then awoke early to drive to work.

August brought a short trip to California over the weekend. A trip to the beach and some fabric shopping where I found boardshort material. Work occurred still. I can't forget the pinewood derby. Tielle and I created a pencil car. It didn't win but it made it down the track!

I am now really ready to start school so I can only work part time. I may regret saying that I'm ready cause really I am far from ready but I believe I need something to occupy my time now days.

With the last phone call with Alex and some decisions made, I am ready for my Sophomore Year of college to start. I hope I will remember last year and create an even better year this time. We shall see.
Hope you enjoyed my summer recap. Not much occurred but memories were made and that is what is important.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Your pencil car should have won a prize for being so cute! Thanks for the updates. It's always good to read about what you've been doing.

KatyM said...

Thanks Melanie:) We thought it was cute too. Love ya!

Jilly Bean said...

Looks like a fun summer!

K. McMullin said...

Whew! It really did go fast! I loved the time we were able to spend together. Thanks! Best of luck in school...glad your computer is fixed.