Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hot Air Balloons

So for the first part of our family day on July 3rd Jeff and Melanie wanted to attend the Provo Freedom Festival Hot Air Balloon Festival. The balloons were to launch at 6:30 am so it meant spending a day off waking up early. I was first opposed to this but then I just got up and got ready and went not really knowing what to expect. I rode my bike to the park so I didn't have to find a parking spot and met the family there. It was so surreal! It was hard to fathom that I was looking at a real hot air balloon. They seemed fake to me but they were real. I got there in time to see them blow them up.To blow them up first they use a big powerful fan to blow cold air into it.
After the balloon is blown up enough they start the propane and heat the air up and it expands lifting the balloon up.Here is me with Tony the Tiger. They also had Smokey the Bear and A piggy Bank. It was so fun to see all the different balloons and then watch them take off.


Great idea Jeff and Melanie. Funny thing is Henry slept right through it all and missed it. Oh well next year he will actually appreciate it maybe. All in all even though it was early I might just come back next year.

3 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

looks like fun. wish i could have been with you!

K. McMullin said...

Great fun, wasn't it!!! Yes, it was early but very well worth it!

Melanie said...

Jeff totally had to drag me out of bed the first year we went! It really is early. But so fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it!