Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Security

For the 4th of July, I conned Stacie into working security for the Stadium of Fire with me.  We interviewed and were offered the temporary positions of security.  We were stoked and hoping we got to get official gear.

We attended the Training meeting learning that we must look for weapons, weird objects that you wouldn't think a person would need, food, drink, water, food, drink and did I mention food and drink?  Ok so we got our sweet polo shirt and hat.  Sweet= super ugly, really long sleeves, blue polyester, and HOT!

The day of, we suited up.  Took some pictures....


 and left to cruise to the stadium on our bikes.  Boy were we a sight! Oh I forgot to mention they had security on the back of the shirts.

It was a mere 95+ degrees.  I was stationed at the north west gate meaning sun, Sun, and more SUN! Oh and thousands of people would enter just our gate. It sure got fun once the crowed started showing up.  We had to check every single persons bag that walked into the stadium.  I never realized how people could be so pleasant about having to give up their new package of red vines, or how angry and violent they can be about having to leave their energy drink in the garbage.

I didn't find anything suspicious that I know of... I only really had to call the officer over twice.  Once for a lady trying to say her 1 year old would be eating tons of red vines and popcorn. Whatever.... Anyway the most excitement I saw really was a lady and her husband walked out of the event in the middle of the last song and said she had just gone into labor.  The husband asked the officer if they could get a ride to their car since it was about 5-7 blocks away.  He worked it out and I imagine they made it to the hospital.

Luckily, I got rotated in to see the Fantastic firework show! It was set to music and lit up the stadium and sky.  no other show will seem the same after that one.

All in all, it was a great way to make a little extra cash, not to mention get into the event free:)

No comments: