Sunday, May 9, 2010

A 20th Birthday: Full of Food and Fun!

I went to bed 19 and woke up 20.  How weird is that.  A feeling that is surreal. It was a wonderful birthday full of good friends and people I love.  It began with 3 girls sneaking into my bedroom while I was deep in sleep.  Then I awake to HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!! It was Tielle, Rachel and Cierra.  They were there to take me to breakfast.  Rachel played it off well with the fact that she had to work and wished she could take me out. With 2 minutes to put on jeans and put my hair in a pony, we were out the door.  We went to Kneaders to have their famous All you can eat french toast. It is SO good! Needless to say, I didn't eat all I could eat because in the back of my mind I had my lunch date in mind.

You got it.  A friend, who I just remet (long story- will be a blog post once we figure it out) asked me the day before if he could take me to lunch.  So I had a lunch date. After dance class, he picked me up and supprised me by going to 5 Guys.  It was so fun to talk and get to know him a little better. Oh his name is Joseph Blanch. Anyway, so I stuffed myself (being a college student- a little food goes a long way) and we sat and talked for another while and realized it was 2:37 and i had to be to work at 3.  We left and he dropped me off at work.  Thank goodness I keep a skirt at work to change into.

I walked in the door to work and got a wish for a very happy birthday and found out the table was out which meant it was food day.  I was stuffed already and I knew my parents would be coming down to take me to dinner just 3 hours later.  I felt like I needed to eat something so I did have a piece of cake.  It was lemon and delicious!

So once work, which was fun because it was Elizabeth's last day, was over, I met my parents and Jill in the parking lot to go to dinner and celebrate.  Once again.... More food! So I chose Good Wood Barbque.  It was so good. Needless to say, I had to take half of it home (not to worry I enjoyed it the next day).  After dinner we came back to my apartment to enjoy delicious Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.  I could not pass this one up.  So before my stomach exploded, I had some cake and continued celebrating.

It was such a FANTASTIC day! I was so grateful for the gifts I received and all the people, who I care deeply about, were with me.

Thanks Everyone!!!

1 comment:

K. McMullin said...

We should plan better next time and spread out all the eating out, but it was really fun for us also. Love you lots!!!