Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Kiwi, not just the fruit!

So this week I turned in an application and interviewed for the New Zealand Program Study Abroad.  I forgot to ask when I would find out but I just went along not thinking I would hear about it for a little while.  Well you see, I got on my email last night to look at a picture Melanie, my sister-in-law sent me and saw an email reading like this Thank you for your application and interview.  The New Zealand 2nd Cohort Winter 2011 Selection Committee has met and we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to participate in our program contingent upon your 1st cohort liaison’s signature. (meaning I have to still have one more person say that I can go for sure).  I got so so excited.  I couldn't believe it cause i wasn't expecting to hear back so soon.  I then opened the email from Melanie to find that she is pregnant again! Super excited.  A trip and a new baby all in one night.  Needless to say, My Rachel Tielle and I celebrated with Pancakes, Whipped Cream and strawberries (i'm off desserts and candy til Easter).  I am so excited for the experiences I have a head of me!

1 comment:

K. McMullin said...

We were so excited also...two great things all in one day! Love You!