Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm going to be a TEACHER!

Ok so most of you probably already either heard it from my mouth or from facebook but I must blog about it.  So I decided to skip class on Friday to study an extra hour for a test.  I was sitting looking at my notes and i remembered that the mail had probably come.  I ran/more like walked, down to the mail box and opened it and there were two envelopes from the Mckay School of Education.  One for me, the other for my roommate Rachel who also applied.  I went back to my kitchen with no one home to tell and I opened it up.  Of course most people know that 95% make it in but still I could have been that 5%.... Who knows?   Anyway I read the letter and they said they would be HAPPY to have me in the program.  I got excited called my mom and no answer. I called her cell and no answer so I posted it for all to see in my status on facebook. I had to tell the world that my dream since 4th grade was coming true.
Teaching involves a lot of hard work and little pay but as my mom says, I'll be in the business of changing lives and what more could I ask for.  I am super excited.  I'll be doing the arts semester Spring and Summer term and we'll see where that brings me:) I am happy to say I'll be a teacher someday. Pray that jobs open up once I graduate... Thanks to all who have led me to this occupation.

2 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

WooHoo! Yay for you! You are going to be a great teacher.

K. McMullin said...

You'll get a job! No worries there...I'm positive! Glad things are working out.