So I suppose you all are waiting for an amazing update about my college life and all that it took to get here. Well I packed a few days before I left but soon realized that that was a big mistake because of course all the things which I would bring to college would be the things I use quite frequently. So Monday morning, the day I was to move down, I finished repacking and I also did laundry. You would be proud; I didn't leave home with any dirty laundry but the clothing on my back. Yup, right down to the last sock!!
So anyway, Mom and Dad drove me down-Mom and I in the Avalon and Dad in the Explorer. We arrived in Provo to Snow Hall where I was to check in. We waited for someone to assist us in checking in then we started the moving in process. My roommate had already arrived and moved in so she, her cousins and dad all helped me move my precious treasures into my room which is the size of my room at home but shared and including a large closet wall. After about a few trips to the car we had all the items unloaded. We unpacked and began the setting up of my half of the room. After deciding on a few items which would help in the organization process, we made our way to Walmart with a few pit stops on the way.
Brick Oven being one of the stops. Tradition lives on! We ate pizza and drank the free root beer which comes with the pizza on Monday nights. Only in Happy Valley would the free drinks be 1. Non-alcoholic 2. on a Monday night, as opposed to a Saturday.
Next stop was Aunt Lisa and Uncle Paul's. We heard of the 5 bi-pass and the hospital visit. He even showed us his scars. I couldn't look.
(If you are still reading this you must be really interested in my life :) )
Last and final stop was WalMart. I didn't know that one store could be so busy. They even ran out of eggs!!! What kind of Walmart runs out of eggs? The most frequently sold item was the Rubbermaid sliding drawers. I think they had a million in stock but why not a million eggs? Oh well at least I don't eat many eggs.
Walmart was over and Goodbyes were said to mom and dad and Jill showed up. All was good!
I am loving all my roommates. We all get along so well and we have laughed so so many times. I LOVE work and I totally enjoy the spirit and personalities of the Elders. I am getting the hang of the system and I really enjoy customer service.
Last but not least tonight we played some soccer and ultimate Frisbee with some guys. It was way fun but Tielle, one of my roommates and I got way tired and went home. We then journeyed out to another building and played way random games. All has been fun. Oh and tonight I also sang the Cougar fight song for the first time. It will be hard not to say a "Utah man am I" but rather "Rise and Shout"
(Pictures to come later, they aren't loaded on my computer yet.)
mattress buying guide
10 years ago

3 comments:
I've found the way to keep in touch (except for text messages, of course). It's sure is quiet around here without you. So glad things are going well!
This is that same Dad that doesn't know much about blogging.
The moving in process was great. Your roommate's family was great help and seem like real nice people. You could be forever locked up in a BYU friendship.
I must say, however, that if I had known 7 yerars ago when the AC wen out on the Explorer that I would be driving it to Provo while it was 99 degrees in the shade and no shade, I maybe would have spent the$1200 to get it fixed. Oh well, live and learn. If we did it now it would tripple the value of the vehicle, wouldn't it? Maybe you will learn something from the experience. Just remember what my Grandpa use to say about his vehicles, "...it will get you there and bring you back".
Have fun and keep doing good things.
Love ya.
This is the Dad that is learning about this blog thing. It is great.
Just so you don't forget your roots, I have provided the words to he a "great" school's fight song.
Utah Man
I am a Utah man, sir and I live across the green.
Our gang it is the jolliest that you have ever seen.
Our coeds are the fairest and each one's a shining star.
Our yell, you hear it ringing through the mountains near and far.
Chorus:
Who am I, sir, a Utah man am I:
A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die: Ki! Ki!
We're up to snuff: we never bluff.
We're game for any fuss.
No other gang of college men dare meet us in the muss.
So fill your lungs and sing it out shout it to the sky.
We'll fight for dear old crimson for.....
Chorus:
And when we prom the avenue, all lined up in a row.
And arm in arm and step in time as down the street we go.
No matter if a freshman green, or in a senior's gown,
The people all admit we are the warmest gang in town.
Chorus:
We may not live forever on this jolly good old sphere,
But while we do we'll live a life of merriment and cheer.
And when our college days are o'er and night is drawing nigh,
With parting breath we'll sing that song:
A Utah Man am I!
[for you non UTES, that is the end of the song]
Enjoy the football season, Katie. It will be disapointing for the BYU fans in November.:):)
By the way, Michigan was great.
Love you.
Post a Comment